Gateway is proud of its many credentials, which range from formal accreditation and excellent examination results to campuses and environments that support holistic education. We believe that all these credentials put together make Gateway a foremost seat of learning in Sri Lanka.
Gateway is recognised as:
- An International Teaching Institution of Pearson Edexcel
- An Associate School of Cambridge International
- A Microsoft Showcase School
- A Duke of Edinburgh Independent Award Centre
- An accredited SAT test centre of the College Board, USA
- A registered Institution of the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts (LAMDA)
- A Member School of ECIS, the Educational Collaborative for International Schools that is headquartered in London
Gateway has achieved:
- The highest number of High Achiever Awards at the Annual Edexcel Awards Ceremony during the last 8 years
- An exemplary track record in sporting/co-curricular activity achievements, with 25 current Gateway students representing Sri Lanka in Athletics, Swimming, Basketball, Netball, Chess, Rowing, Football, Tennis, Badminton, Karate, and Scrabble
- Prestigious university destinations for its students, including the Ivy Group in USA, Russell Group in the UK, and Go8 in Australia
Gateway also provides:
- University pathway programmes along with ALs through organisations such as NCC Education UK
- A broad and enriched curriculum with the use of STEM, Robotics, Innovation Studios, Maths Labs etc.
- An emphasis on the Arts through drama, music, fine arts, etc.
- International exposure with educational excursions and university summer camps
- Community Service, Work Experience, and University Counselling during AL years
- Purpose-built campuses with modern facilities for all its schools
- A healthy student/teacher ratio of 10:1 combined with continuous professional development of teachers both locally an internationally
- A family environment with rich cultural, religious, and ethnic diversity